The covid-19 virus (novel corona virus, Wuhan flu) has been in the news non stop. Countries are closing down travel, people are self isolating. It is a time of transition and change. Now is certainly a time to be prudent but not to panic.
We thought this would be a good time to remind people that Valley Hideaway Guest House will remain open for the time being. Valley Hideaway is keeping current with and following guidelines as laid forth by the Province of British Columbia Health authorities. We also want to inform you about the precautions we are taking to protect our guests and to slow the spread of the virus.
- We only book one party at a time, that means your group has exclusive use of the entire guest suite for the duration of the stay.
- After every guest checks out we do a complete clean of the suite from top to bottom. Our cleanliness standards are very high.
- All surfaces that guests may touch, e.g. door latches, remote controls, light switches etc in the suite are cleaned and disinfected.
- Area rugs are vacuumed and bare floors are washed. Surfaces are dusted.
- The bathroom area is thoroughly disinfected.
- All guest used dishes are sanitized in the dishwasher.
- All guest linens are thoroughly washed between guests.
Local restaurants are monitoring the situation and some remain open at this time. Others are open but only for takeout or drive through orders. We still provide breakfast. Local grocery stores remain open at this time.
The guest suite has a microwave, coffee maker, kettle, fridge and other basic amenities.
What if you have been in contact with Covid-19 or have contracted the virus?
Firstly follow all applicable medical advice, including self quarantine.
Secondly, if you cancel your reservation prior to 24 hours before your arrival and you let us know it is because of the virus we will not charge a cancellation fee.
The situation is fluid and updates will be posted if things change.
Winter Summer Spring and Fall
It takes all year to do it all
Valley Hideaway Guest House is open year round.